Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thai Meatballs

Thai meatballs?! The phrase sounds exotic yet also accessible and after you discover how easy and delicious these little tastes of far off paradise are, they'll quickly earn a place in your heart er um stomach and possibly your favorite go to dinner list. The recipe I adopted these from calls for dark meat turkey and if that's your thing go for it, at my house dark meat doesn't go over very well so I scrapped that and went to my go to starter for meatballs, a turkey breast & ground pork mix. Normally I make everything from scratch but I must admit making complicated sauces with loads of spices intimidates me and I always seem to forget 1 vital ingredient so I cheated a little and bought a green curry simmer sauce. 

Here's what you'll need

3/4 lb ground turkey breast
1/4 lb ground pork
1-2 cloves of garlic-minced
1 hunk of ginger-minced
1 tbs fresh cilantro leaves- minced
Dash of Braggs or soy souce
Big squirt of Sriracha (optional) 
squeeze of fresh lime

A jar of green curry simmer sauce or make your own if you're not a wuss like me :) 

Preheat over to 375 F
Blend all ingredients together (it may stick to your hands a bit  feel free to have flour handy!)
Roll into balls of desired size and place into a 9x11 baking dish
Cook 30-45 minutes depending on size

After they are finished cooking or even a little undercooked but browned on the outside transfer meatballs to a skillet and add green curry simmer sauce and simmer on low with a lid for at least 20 minutes.



I made a quick simple stir fry to go with my meatballs

chopped carrots, onion, celery, broccoli, bell pepper and some frozen edamame cooked on med until everything was soft but not mushy. I started with a heap of coconut oil and as the veggies cooked added to taste ginger, garlic, braggs, rice wine vinegar and a dash of sesame oil, easy and delicious!



When I started cooking I realized I was all out of rice......what?! So....I used quiona instead which worked out perfectly because quiona cooks quicker and it was delicious, who knew?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment