Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What to do with all that ART?!



 I had been warned a couple years ago as I swooned over ever ink stained sheet of paper Z produced that the sentiment would not last forever. As a formal protest the theme for Z's 2nd birthday "Messy Art" included a framed gallery of his sacred pint sized creations. Over a year later and after 6 months of pre school, I began swimming in scraps of scribbled papers. I would be gutted to throw it all out and I loved my friends idea of photo documenting them all but in this disposable technology driven society I find something sacred in an organic original piece of art work no matter the age or skill level of the artist. My solution came to me while I sifted through random bits and bobs in my art room. A book, of course, so I rounded up all of Z's art picked my favorites (which included almost all of them!) and got to work!. I made a 6x6 template and cut out squares until I was out of paper.  Then I glued them together and covered with contact paper. Lastly I whole punched the lot and strung them on a metal craft loop. Boom, a nice little slice of art history taking up a fraction of the space. The whole project only took about 1.5 hours or in my nerdy world 2 episodes of Star Trek. Dreams come true!


No comments:

Post a Comment